Who We Are
Individually our reputations are solid.
Together we’re unmatched.
Each of Lexolution’s principals has over ten years of experience practicing law in the private or public sector. Plus, we have over a decade of sales and marketing experience in the contract legal staffing industry.
Who are we? Click on our names below and feel free to email us.
- Scott Krowitz | email
- Cornell University, B.S. 1984
University of Michigan School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1987
- A former litigator with Simpson Thacher & Bartlett and Paul Hastings Janofsky & Walker LLP, Scott specialized in commercial matters including insurance coverage, securities and franchise litigation. Scott worked in the temporary legal staffing industry for five years before co-founding Lexolution with Dick and Nora.
- Richard Osman | email
- Amherst College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1975
Columbia University School of Law, J.D. 1980
- Richard entered the temporary legal placement business in 1997. He is an experienced corporate and securities attorney who began his career with Kaye Scholer LLP. He was later a partner with a boutique law firm specializing in mergers and acquisitions, including leveraged buyouts.
- Nora Plesent | email
- University of Michigan, B.A., magna cum laude, 1979
The George Washington University Law School, J.D. 1982
- Nora started as an Assistant District Attorney in Brooklyn. She then litigated white-collar cases at Kostelanetz Ritholz Tigue & Fink and became a partner at the successor firm. She began her legal staffing career in 1996 and is a frequent speaker and consultant on topics relating to part-time and flexible work arrangements in the legal profession.
- Karen Stempel | email
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., cum laude, 1978
The George Washington University Law School, J.D. 1982
- Karen Stempel is the Managing Partner of Lexolution’s Washington office. A native Washingtonian, Karen received her JD from the George Washington University Law School and began her career at a boutique law firm specializing in transportation and administrative law. She then joined Webster & Sheffield, and later, BakerHostetler, LLP, as Of Counsel, where she practiced international trade law, including foreign assets controls, export control, customs, foreign corrupt practices and antidumping representations. Karen’s clients often require foreign language attorneys and translators, which has become a large part of Lexolution’s business.
The Lexolution Team
The Lexolution Team is a group of legal professionals who work together to meet your staffing needs. Individually and as a group, we are committed to treating you with professionalism, courtesy and respect. We are confident that operating as a team leads to better service and better results for you.
Click on our names below and feel free to email us.
- Edina S. Beasley | email
- Agnes Scott College, B.A., magna cum laude, 2006
University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2009
- Edina is Director of Recruiting in the Washington, D.C. office. She obtained her B.A. in International Relations from Agnes Scott College and her J.D. from the University of Georgia School of Law, where she served as the Executive Articles Editor of the Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law. Prior to joining the Lexolution team in 2011, Edina served as the Law Clerk to the Honorable Heidi M. Pasichow of the D.C. Superior Court.
- Laura Diamond | email
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A. 1991
University of California, Berkeley School of Law, J.D. 1996
- Laura is Director of Sales and Marketing in Lexolution's Los Angeles, California office. After graduation from U.C. Berkeley School of Law, Laura clerked for the U.S. District Court in the Central District of California. She then joined the Center for Law in the Public Interest, where for six years she litigated high-impact cases in the areas of disability rights, foster care, education and environmental justice. After leaving the Center for Law in the Public Interest, Laura began a writing career, publishing the book Deliver Me: True Confessions of Motherhood, writing essays for magazines and her blog, and completing a novel, Shelter Us. Laura joined Lexolution in the fall of 2012.
- Ali Dunn | email
- University of Maine, B.S., summa cum laude, 2010
- Ali is the Office and Payroll Administrator and Social Media Manager in the Washington, DC office. She has worked in the business finance and marketing field since 2004. Before moving to Washington, D.C., she worked at a local credit union and served in various leadership roles while finishing up her degree at University of Maine. Prior to Lexolution, Ali was an account executive at the Washington Business Journal. Ali currently is an active member of the Maine State Society, an organization that serves as a “home away from home” for Mainers living and working in the Washington area.
- Yvette Gonzalez | email
- Stanford University, B.A. 1996
Loyola Law School, J.D. 2002
- Yvette Gonzalez is a Manager of Recruiting in Lexolution’s Los Angeles office. Yvette double-majored in Psychology and Sociology at Stanford University. After college, she worked in marketing at an architecture and engineering consulting firm in San Diego, and then worked at Baker & McKenzie as a corporate paralegal. After graduating from Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, Yvette was a litigation associate at Manatt, Phelps & Phillips for four years, where she focused on insurance litigation and employment matters.
- Julianne Jaffe | email
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D. 1997
Brandeis University, B.A. 1991
- Julianne is a Consultant in our Washington, D.C. office, and former Director of Recruiting. Prior to joining the Lexolution team, Julianne was a staff attorney in the antitrust department at Howrey Simon Arnold & White. Before attending law school, she was a Litigation Paralegal in New York with Brown & Wood and Beattie King & Abate. She is barred in Maryland and the District of Columbia.
- Janet Jenness | email
- University of Virginia, B.A. with distinction, 1991
University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1995
- Janet is a Director of Recruiting in the New York office. After serving as Editor-in-Chief of the Law Review at the University of Richmond School of Law, Janet began her career as an employment litigator in the Richmond, Virginia office of Hunton & Williams LLP, where she specialized in counseling Fortune 500 companies on fair employment practices and litigating employment discrimination, wage and hour, and labor law cases. After moving to New York in 2001, Janet joined Kaye Scholer LLP, where she was an associate in the product liability group and assisted in the management of pharmaceutical mass tort cases. In that capacity, she was a Lexolution client. She joined Lexolution in June 2006.
- Nathan Khalil | email
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.S. 1999
Cornell University School of Law, J.D. 2002
- Nathan is a Manager of Recruiting in Lexolution's Los Angeles office. He obtained his B.S. in civil engineering from UCLA and his J. D. from Cornell University Law School. After law school, Nathan practiced as an intellectual property associate at Pennie & Edmonds, a New York intellectual property boutique, and then moved to Jones Day with a majority of Pennie's lawyers in January 2004. Nathan relocated to Los Angeles in 2005, and after doing contract work at O'Melveny & Myers for approximately two years, he joined the Lexolution team in August 2008.
- Tom Maloney | email
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A. 1988
- Tom has spent the past 15 years in legal administration at several prominent law firms in New York City. In those positions, Tom had responsibility for a range of human resource issues, including hiring, training, employee evaluation and development, and compensation. In addition, Tom has been an active member of the Association of Legal Administrators and was Vice President of its New York City chapter from 1997 to 2000.
- Steffani McGurn | email
- Randolph-Macon College, B.A. 1981
University of Richmond School of Law, J.D. 1996
- Steffani is Director of Marketing and Recruiting for the Richmond, Virginia area. She earned her B.A. from Randolph-Macon College and her J.D. from University of Richmond School of Law. Before attending law school, Steffani worked for four years as a litigation paralegal for a large firm in Northern Virginia. After graduation, she was an associate at a Fredericksburg, Virginia law firm where she litigated matters in state courts in her representation of state and local agencies in the areas of condemnation, construction, and employment. After taking time off to raise her family, Steffani worked part-time in 2007 for the Richmond firm of Wilson & Stoyanoff, where she assisted business clients in litigation, real estate and franchise matters.
- Kim Powe | email
- Brown University, B.A. 1985
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D. 1988
- Kim is a Director of Recruiting in the New York office. She practiced for five years as a corporate associate at LeBoeuf, Lamb, Greene & MacRae, where she specialized in securities law. She then served as Associate General Counsel at Mount Sinai Medical Center for ten years, developing an expertise in health care law. Kim joined Lexolution in November 2003.
- Lamine M. Reese | email
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A. 1996
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D. 2001
University of Pennsylvania, M. Bioethics 2001
- Lamine is Director of Operations and Marketing in the Washington, DC office. After graduation from University of Pennsylvania Law School, he was an associate in the products liability group at Venable, LLP in Washington and Baltimore, and then in the health care group at Adelman, Sheff & Smith, LLC in Rockville, MD. Lamine then became a Special Project Attorney and, later, Contract Attorney Manager, at Williams & Connolly, LLP in Washington, DC. He joined Lexolution in January 2008.
- Ilissa Rothschild | email
- Barnard College of Columbia University, B.A. 1984
New York University School of Law, J.D. 1987
- Ilissa is a Director of Sales and Marketing in the New York office. Ilissa began her career as a litigator at Stillman, Friedman & Shaw, where she specialized in white-collar criminal defense. In 1988, she served as a law clerk for Judge Michael B. Mukasey in the Southern District of New York, and then returned to Stillman. From 1990 to 1999, she was an Assistant District Attorney in Manhattan, practicing in the Career Criminal/Major Offense Bureau. Ilissa re-entered private practice in 1999 when she joined the litigation group at Reboul, MacMurray, Hewitt, Maynard & Kristol. In 2003 she moved to Dechert LLP, where she was an associate in the litigation department until joining Lexolution in May, 2005.
- Debbi Sharp | email
- Barnard College of Columbia University, B.A., cum laude, 1978
Boston University School of Law, J.D. 1981
- Debbi is a Director of Recruiting in the New York office. She spent the first five years of her legal career as an Assistant District Attorney in Queens County (Supreme Court Trial Bureau), and the next five as an Assistant United States Attorney, Criminal Division, in New Hampshire. She then took a break from practice, among other things working on Al Gore’s presidential campaign and spending four years as a consultant for the then-largest privately owned investigative consulting firm in the country. From 1999 to mid-2005 she served as Assistant Corporation Counsel for New York City in its General Litigation Division, and she joined Lexolution in October 2005.
- Kelly Spitzer | email
- Texas Tech University B.S., cum laude, 1990
The University of Texas School of Law, J.D. 1998
- Kelly is Director of Recruiting in the Washington DC office. Kelly received her undergraduate degree in Biology with a minor in Chemistry. She attended law school part-time while raising two children. She worked for five years at a boutique Virginia law firm practicing in the areas of Health Care, Probate and Estate Administration. During that time, Kelly also served as the PTA President at her children’s school. Before joining Lexolution, Kelly worked for two years as a contract attorney at a prominent law firm in Washington, D.C.
- Meredith Tanchum | email
- Duke University, B.A. 1999
New York University, M.S. 2005
Duke University School of Law, J.D. 2007
- Meredith is Manager of Marketing and Recruiting for the Boston, Massachusetts area. Meredith began her legal career as a litigation associate at Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP in New York, focusing on securities litigation and white collar crime. She then worked as a contract attorney before relocating to Boston and joining the Lexolution team in the fall of 2012. Meredith is also an adjunct instructor at New York University and teaches contracts and negotiations to undergraduates as well as a class in business development.
- Jacquelyn Woodworth | email
- Smith College, B.A. 1992
City University of New York School of Law, J.D. 1996
- Jacquelyn is Manager of Marketing and Recruiting for the San Francisco, CA area. She worked as a litigation associate in New York at Sedgwick, Detert, Moran & Arnold and at Schoeman, Updike & Kaufman. Prior to relocating to the Bay Area, Jacquelyn worked for over four years supervising a team of contract attorneys and paralegals processing asbestos settlement claims and conducting a document review that resulted in a comprehensive, searchable database for a Fortune 100 client. Jacquelyn also served on the Board of Directors of the Alumnae Association of Smith College; volunteered for the Smith College Office of Admission for 15 years; and is currently a board member of the East Bay Smith College Club. She joined Lexolution in 2011.